Process of Selling Land Without a Realtor - How We Buy Vacant Land
If you're considering selling your land online, you may be wondering how the process works. After all, don't you need a realtor to sell a property? There are certain situations where hiring a real estate agent is worthwhile. But the easiest way to sell a parcel of land is to sell to a cash buyer.
Why sell land without a realtor?
For many people, the motivation is to save costs and keep more of the sale price in their pocket. Cutting out the sales commission can certainly reduce your costs. Since the commission is a percentage of the sale price, eliminating the commission can save you thousands of dollars.
Selling land directly to a cash buyer allows you to sell faster. We can purchase your land in as little as two weeks. We're looking to buy vacant land property of all types.
You could sell a piece of land by owner, but it's a lot more work. It's different from selling a home because there aren't as many potential buyers. You'd have to market your property yourself and show the property to prospective buyers.
Our buying process - Sell Now Land Buyers
- Contact us and tell us about your land. We'll take down the property information and your contact details. You don't need to prepare anything, but it's helpful if you know your land's address or parcel number.
- We'll review your property and determine a price for your land. We consider several factors in pricing land parcels including the local real estate market. We also evaluate the features of the land including the zoning and access in determining the value of your land.
- We will provide you with a written offer to purchase your plot of land. We use a simple, one-page purchase agreement written in plain English.
- Once you accept the offer, we send the contract to a title company. The title company will give you the purchase funds on the day of the closing. The title company will also prepare all the necessary paperwork to transfer the property to us.
Ready to sell your land? We buy land
Now that you know the process we use to buy your vacant land, maybe you'd like to request a fair cash offer. This can save you valuable time. You won't need to search for and interview a realtor or create your own marketing to sell land by owner.
One of the other benefits is that land buyers are experienced real estate professionals with expert knowledge. We'll guide you through the procedure for selling land and make the process very easy. Of course, our business needs to make a profit so you would be selling the property below market value.
Still, for some landowners, the convenience of selling real estate hassle-free is more important than getting full price for the land.
It's also the fastest way to sell land - the whole process typically takes less than two weeks.
If you are interested in selling your land quickly, find out more about the benefits of selling land for cash.
Get an Offer to Sell Your Land Fast!
Sell your own land - without a real estate agent
You can also market your land without involving a real estate agent. Many land sales happen every year without realtors. This can be a great way to save money if you don't need to sell your land immediately.
The most important thing when you’re selling your own land is preparation. Take some time to research what similar land has sold for in your area and use this information to set a price.
Take pictures or have the land professionally photographed for listing your land. Besides the price of the property, photographs will do more to sell a vacant lot than anything else.
Think about how you'll market the property. Maybe your neighbors would be interested in buying land. Or maybe you'll advertise it more broadly to make the sale.
When does it make sense to work with a real estate agent?
When selling land, working with a real estate agent can sometimes be beneficial. A realtor can provide valuable insight into the local market and help you negotiate offers. A real estate agent can also help advertise and set a price. Working with a realtor will allow you to list the property on the MLS, gaining additional exposure.
However, this isn’t always necessary—there may be free ways to advertise your property online or in print. Depending on the size and value of your undeveloped land, you may even be able to handle the entire real estate transaction yourself! It all depends on what you feel comfortable with.
Best ways to sell land
Wondering how to sell land?
- Sell to a cash buyer. This is the easiest way. You can go from contract signing to the closing process in as little as two weeks.
- Put up a for sale sign. A sign will alert passersby that your land is for sale.
- Tell your neighbors. Find out if your neighbors want to buy the land.
- List your land for sale online. You can list rural land for sale on websites like Craigslist, Zillow, and Facebook Marketplace.
- Consider offering owner financing. If you want to sell, but don't need the money right away you can sell the land on terms. This means the buyer will have use of the land immediately but will pay off a loan over time.
Paperwork for selling land privately
Congratulations, you've decided to sell your land. Now it’s time to learn about the paperwork that comes with it. Depending on where you live, the process differs a bit from state to state. Generally, the following documents are needed to sell land.
- Sale Contract. The most important document for selling land is the purchase agreement between the buyer and seller. The sale contract or purchase agreement creates a binding agreement between two parties. This document lays out the terms of the sale, including price, closing date, and any contingencies.
- Settlement statement. The settlement statement (or closing statement) is a document that lists the financial details of the transaction. This includes the purchase price, commissions paid, and property tax prorations.
- Deed. In simple terms, the deed determines who owns the land. A deed conveys equitable and legal title to real estate. The specific requirements for deeds vary, so you may want to consult a real estate attorney to draft this document.
Those are the primary documents to know about selling land by owner.
FAQs - Process of selling land for cash
I'm ready to sign the sale contract. What's next?
If you're ready to start the process, we will sign the contract and send it to you for your records. We will select a title company and pick a mutually agreeable closing date. The title company will prepare the closing documents for you to sign. On the closing date, the sale proceeds are transferred to you, and the title to the property is transferred to us as the buyers.
When will I get my money?
In our standard purchase contract, we pay all closing costs. These include document preparation, settlement fees, recording, and transfer fees. The only costs to you at closing are property taxes or other assessments like homeowner's association fees up to the closing date. After closing, those costs are our responsibility as the buyers.
Where will I sign the closing documents?
We will select a title company local to you. You can sign the closing statement and other documents required for the sale at their offices or wherever you typically get documents notarized. If you prefer to sign the documents at home, we will send a notary public to meet you.
Will it cost me anything to sell my land?
You'll receive the sale proceeds at closing. As the buyers, we send the purchase funds to the title company in advance of the closing and then the title company releases the funds to you once they've received all the signed documents.